Monday, July 22, 2013

Crazy custom QUILTING

Ok..... SO everyone I'm sure that has ever looked into or tried free hand quilting has heard of Angela Walters.  She is everywhere and she is amazing.
 
Ive read (well flicked through) her books, and blog www.quiltingismytherapy.com, and then I heard about "Craftsy" (google it, its awesome, has everything from cake decorating to quilting)... so I watched a free lecture that she gave at quilt con.
 
So with Angela Walters in my head, I headed down to quilt this next quilt. 
And I had SOOO much fun doing it.
 
 
The lighting in these photos is defiantly not the best
 

 
Ok, SO the pebbling actually took a very long time!! But as the quilt went on I did get faster.
 
And after I quilted around the turtles in the centre blocks and took it off the quilter, all those millions of lil circles now make me think of turtle eggs!!!
Hence this quilt has become known as "turtles"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment